5 Tips For a Successful Garage Sale
Category : Garage Sale
Are you planning on having a garage and don’t know where to start? These tips will help you make money on the items you don’t need or use anymore. You know what they say “Your junk is someone else’s treasure!”
- Supplies you will need: Price tags, flyers to post, directional signs to your location, bags, calculator, pocket apron to hold change, extension cord to outlet to test items, permit if needed, newspaper to wrap breakables, $100 in change; 4-$10, 5-$5, 25-$1, 1 roll of quarters.
- Display like with like. Use tables to display items. All kitchen items on one table, toys grouped together, books in a box, binders up so they can read the titles, etc. You get the idea! Also, make sure items are clean and have working batteries.
- Put price tags on top of everything. It does take time to do, but is so worth it! You can start pricing every item that is .25 first and then go onto .50, etc. If you really don’t have the time, put like priced items in box or on table and make a sign “Everything on Table/in Box $1”. You can also do “Fill a Bag of Clothes $2” sign.
- Price items a quarter or third of what you paid for it. I know this is hard to do, but it is a garage sale, people won’t pay a lot for it. If the item has value you should consider selling it on Craigslist or E-Bay.
- Make your best items visible. Place those items out front or at the end of the driveway, so people will stop and not drive on by!
Best tip of all….ENJOY talking to your customers and have FUN!!